Thursday, June 20, 2013

Update

It's been awhile since I've written a post.  It's the usual reasons... things got busy at work, life got in the way, I don't have much to say, yadda yadda yadda.

Well, the first update is that the scale is stuck.  I've been bouncing from 170-174 for longer than I'd care to remember.  However, the good news is that I'm still losing inches.  My belly flap is still shrinking (hooray!), and I'm toning up in general.  But it sure is annoying to not see the numbers on the scale reflect that!

I completely understand women who are skinny fat, and weigh 120 and start lifting and then gain to 135 but look smaller.  Totally, completely, get why that happens, because those girls didn't have much fat to lose.  But I don't get why I still have plenty of fat to lose, but I can't get the scale to go down.  I guess it seems like yes, I gained 5 pounds of muscle (for example), so I must have lost 5 pounds of fat, since the scale stayed the same but my pants got bigger, but I have so much fat to lose, why isn't there a deficit?

 I know the main reason that the scale is stuck is that I've been totally slacking on my cardio.  My sister and I are casually training for a 10k, and I'm training for an Olympic Tri, so I have plenty of cardio to be doing.  But it seems like every time my sister and I plan to run, her baby needs to eat or it rains.  I swear, we have had the rainiest evenings lately.  It's almost like it rains just in our vicinity, and just enough to make it too gross to run!

The only other big news that I have is that I cleaned out my closet.  I mean, as things have gotten too big, I've thrown them aside.  But I went through EVERYTHING.  The swimsuit drawer, the coat closet, all of it. I posted it all in some resale groups,  and have been trying to make some money off of it.

Oh, and I guess the last big thing is that I treated myself at Athleta.  My plan was to go on a spree when I hit the 100 pound mark.  But, I had to go buy a swimsuit to start Tri training, and since I was there... Well.  Three hundred and fifty bucks later, I had a new suit.  And a few other things that found their way into my bag.  Crazy how that happens.  But, I came home, took out the suit, handed the rest to Hubs, and told him not to give it back to me until I hit the 100 pound mark.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 21, 2013

    Haha The trip to Athleta sounds like me. While I haven't even tried to step foot in there or Lulemon, I'm sure when I CAN fit in those clothes...I'll be begging Nick to let me buy stuff too. haha I think your bathing suit is SUPER cute and looks great on you. I wish I was as brave as you though...I'm still wearing the skirt. haha I am just so amazed at how far you have come. We are always going to go through plateaus...it's getting through them that may be our toughest part of weight loss/getting fit, but once you get over it, you will feel on top of the world again. So don't give up (which I know you won't) but stay encouraged. Be the Girl you Want Her (Macie) to Be. That's how I think for the future...for my future children. lol

    ReplyDelete