Thursday, March 14, 2013

Goofing Off

After my Tri, I continued working out at 24.  I would sometimes swim, sometimes do cardio, and sometimes venture into the machines.  By May, I had gotten down to 207 (thanks Metformin) and was feeling a little aimless.


Resume Photo for my new job
May 2012

For my birthday, I asked for a training package.  I bought 13 sessions with Jason (now I don't remember his last name).  He was a former Marine, and a BIG fan of Burpees.  In 13 sessions, I lost another 7 pounds (2-3 sessions/week), and I was sitting at 200 by the end of June.  However, training with him and swimming was pretty much all that I was doing.  The gym was super crowded in the evenings, so I wasn't ever venturing over to the weights, because it took so long to work in.  After my training sessions were up, I switched back to morning work-outs, but never really enjoyed working out at 24.

In August, I convinced my Brother in Law to go back to Anytime Fitness with me.   We joined a different location than before, and starting hitting it 3ish mornings/week.  We put my daughter in gymnastics, and her class was at the same time as Stroller Strides.  So, my last SS class was in July.  By the end of August, I was back down to 196 and looking for some direction to my work-outs.  I was still mostly doing cardio on the treadmill and then strength on the machines.

So of course I turned to google, searching for some sort of training program.  I didn't need motivation or encouragement.  I just needed someone to tell me what to do, and when to do it.  And that's when I discovered the Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer on bodybuilding.com

No comments:

Post a Comment