Friday, March 15, 2013

Live Fit and Body Back

In September of 2012, I discovered the Jamie Eason Live Fit Trainer on bodybuilding.com: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html  It's an AMAZING 12 week program, and I'm so glad that I gave it a shot.  It changed my body drastically, and gave me the confidence to try all sorts of new things in the gym.

I followed the first 5 weeks to the letter.  I lifted when she said to lift, I ate what she said to eat, and of course I rested when she said to rest!  I ordered the supplements package that she sells (an EFA, a BCAA, a multi-vitamin, and protein powder).  Randomly, I was heating up my turkey muffins in the break room one day, and my Mentor asked what I was doing.  I explained, and he said he went out with Jamie in junior high, and that his wife had danced with her all the way through high school.  How crazy is that?!  Anyway, I was trucking along on the Jamie Eason plan, and LOVING it, when Stroller Strides did another round of their Body Back program.

Several of my Stroller Strides friends had done previous sessions of Body Back, and loved it, so I wanted to give it a shot.  It seems cheesy, but even after just 4 classes one of my BFF's body looked completely different.  Body Back is an 8 week (baby-free) program, that's kind of hard to explain!  It's part Boot Camp and part therapy session.  Classes meet 2 times/week, with an additional 2-4 work-outs on your own (outlined in the book you get at the first class).  We had a facebook group to share struggles and successes, we set goals to work towards, and meditated/reflected at the end of each class.

While in the class, I didn't feel like I was seeing results, because the scale wasn't moving as fast as I would have liked.  However, at the end of the 8 weeks, I lost 8 pounds, shaved 1.5 minutes off my mile time (bringing me very close to my high school mile time), and doubled the number of sit-ups and push-ups I could do in a minute (true sit-ups and push-ups!).  I also lost an inch in my chest and 2.2 inches in my waist.  Clearly, something was happening.

Throughout October and November, I was doing the Jamie Eason plan 3 mornings/week, Body Back 2 nights/week, and running with my husband as I could (usually 2 nights/week).  I was eating on the Jamie Eason plan for breakfast, snack, lunch, and second snack, but for dinner I was using Body Back recipes or just something that we cooked on our own.


Before and After Pictures from Body Back
At the end of the 8 weeks, I was 181 pounds, and just getting into a size 14.  I went out the morning of my daughter's party and bought some new shorts (because it was going to be in the 80s.  In November), which were a size 14 from Old Navy.


No comments:

Post a Comment